Entries to the 2016 Cardinal Sin Catholic Book Awards (CSCBA) are now being accepted! Deadline for submission of entries is on May 31, 2016. Call the CSCBA Secretariat at +632 9279659 for more details.
- Spirituality – Books that serve and deepen prayer life, edify spiritual growth and give guidance and light to a real Christian life, including works in prayers, meditations, lives of saints and the likes.
- Ministry – Books that illustrate or document the varied forms of Christian ministry in the Philippines, including faith-based advocacies, social/civic apostolate and projects.
- Theology – Books that aid study of and reflection on Catholic Christian faith and doctrine, including works in Scriptures, Patristic, Christology, Church and Morals.
- Liturgy – Books that provide study and reflection on Sacraments, Worship Ministries and Devotion.
- Homiletics – Books written to aid pastors, resource speakers and church leaders in their study of the Word. These are usually set of exegesis and personal reflections based on Weekday and Sunday readings. They benefit those seeking for a more comprehensive scriptural insight needed for their ministerial duties and apostolic work.
- Family Life – Books that promote the value of the domestic church, including true to life stories about parenting, family relationships, struggles and accomplishments.
- Youth and Children – Books that give value formation to the youth and children including stories of faith, virtues, morals, heroic deeds, and special youth documented activities.
- Inspirational – Books which uplift the spirit. They either contain inspiring stories of people or serve as resource materials for meditation. They influence the mind to reach a new level of understanding, which leads one to greater self-knowledge and deeper communion with God.
SPECIAL CATEGORY: Lifetime Achievement Award
Awarded to a Catholic writer whose lifework represents a continuing contribution to the propagation of the Christian Faith through the print media, in recognition of the exemplary Catholic life and apostolic zeal as reflected in the Christian values and ideals contained in his/her writings.
Award Nomination and Submission Guidelines
- Books authored by a local (Philippine-based) Catholic writer and published by a local Catholic publisher, printed from April 1, 2015 to May 31, 2016 will be considered for evaluation. Entries must be published for the first time during this period. A previous entry cannot be nominated again. Compiled or edited books will not be accepted.
- Entries may be submitted by any person or organization wishing to direct the attention of the Asian Catholic Communicators, Inc. (ACCI) to a noteworthy book. A person or organization may submit more than one entry in each category.
- Fill out two (2) copies of the attached entry form.
- Prepare three (3) copies of the nominated book. Entries will not be returned.
- Prepare nomination fee of Php 2,500.00 per title. Nomination fee is non-refundable. Check payment should be payable to: Asian Catholic Communicators, Inc.
- Submit entries and pay nomination fee to:
Cardinal Sin Catholic Book Awards Secretariat
c/o Jesuit Communications Foundation, Inc.
Sonolux Bldg., Ateneo de Manila University
Loyola Heights, Quezon City
Tel. Nos. (632) 426-5971 loc 121 (Dit Sablan) or 112 (Alice Alagos)
- Deadline for submission of entries: May 31, 2016
- The decision of the judges is final and irrevocable.
- Finalists will receive certificates and will be invited to the Awards Ceremonies to be held this September 14, 2016 during the 37th Manila International Book Fair. (Other details will be announced later).